ABOUT KATRINA ROGERS
There was a time in my life where I thought I was on the right path. I thought I was doing everything I should be doing with my life. I went to college, found a job in my field. I even went back to school to earn a dual Master’s degree in an effort to advance my career. I was in a stable relationship and soon married.
I thought I was happy. I thought I was living. But underneath all that, I was miserable. After leaving college, I had allowed myself to sink into a complacent life. I went to work and went home. We didn’t take care of ourselves, and I gained 30+ pounds. After competing for seven-plus years in track and field but no longer part of a team, I found being consistent about working out very challenging — especially when the team support and accountability was no longer there. It was easier to say I’ll start again tomorrow; but tomorrow never came. As my waistline grew, so did my unhappiness with myself.
My relationship with my husband started to crumble. I was unhappy with myself, my relationship, my job. The only joy in my life was track and field. I knew I needed to make a change. I could feel it in my bones. So through some long periods of introspection about my life and what I wanted; the signs became very clear. I ended my marriage and left my life in corporate America. I became certified as a personal trainer, continued coaching, and reconnected to partner dancing — a passion I had developed in high school.
Today, I am a proud entrepreneur who has been in business for four years. I am also the founder and head coach of Olympia Track Club; in which we have coached athletes to the national level for the past three years. I continue to expand my knowledge in fitness, yoga, athletics, dance, and other movement systems to enhance what I can bring into my professional practice and share with you.
- Owner/Movement Specialist Katrina Rogers’ Movement, LLC
- Certified NASM Personal Trainer
- Certified Level 2 USATF Jumps Coach
- Certified Level 2 USTAF Sprints/Hurdles/Relay Coach
- Certified Group TRX Instructor
- Level 2 Performance Therapy
- Level 1 Get Your Back On Track
- AFAA Personal Trainer
- Mile High Blues Instructor 2017
- Made Final in JacknJill Drag the Blues Barcelona
- Performed Solo Routine @ Drag The Blues Barcelona 2016
- Performed Solo Routine @ BluesShout 2016
- 2nd Place Finish Mile High Blues Open Lead/Follow 2015
- 1st Place Finish BluesShout Novice JacknJill 2014
- Master of Science: Organizational Leadership Mgt from Regis University (Graduate Honors)
- Master of Science: Human Resource Management from Regis University (Graduate Honors)